American Heritage Chocolate has captured the sophisticated flavors of our forefathers, recreating the delicious, slightly spicy, decadently rich flavor and texture in their chocolate drink. You can also find the chocolate in bites and blocks, creating the foundation for other unforgettable sweets! From chocolate gingersnaps, to chocolate chunk cake mix cookies, to peppermint sipping chocolate, American Heritage Chocolate allows you to get creative this season and make treats to delight the whole family!
To purchase American Heritage Chocolate, visit http://www.fortticonderoga.org/store/products/edibles.
4 ounces butter
4 ounces brown sugar
½ cup molasses
2 teaspoons water
3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
6¾ ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces American Heritage Finely Grated Chocolate Drink
3½ ounces granulated sugar
*recipe makes 36 2-inch cookies
- Cream butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add molasses, water and ginger. Scrape bowl as necessary.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Slowly add to the mixer, blending thoroughly. Stir in American Heritage Chocolate Drink, mixing until it forms a dough. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape the dough into 1½ inch balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Back for 14-16 minutes. Store baked cookies in an airtight container.
- If not baking all the cookies, refrigerate dough in airtight container until next use.
- You can also roll out the dough and cut into shapes, bake and decorate.
Chocolate Chunk Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, cake mix and oil until well combined.
- Finely chop 4 American Heritage® Chocolate Bites and mix them into the cookie batter mix.
- Scoop batter into 1-inch balls and roll into a bowl of powdered sugar until well covered.
- Place powdered sugar covered cookie dough balls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Peppermint Sipping Chocolate
- Heat milk until almost about to boil.
- Whisk in AMERICAN HERITAGE® Finely Grated Chocolate Drink and peppermint extract. Adjust the amount of milk and grated chocolate for taste and consistency.
- Top with whipped cream, a pinch of AMERICAN HERITAGE® Finely Grated Chocolate Drink and crushed peppermint sticks.
America’s Fort is a registered trademark of the Fort Ticonderoga Association.
Photos: MARS Chocolate North America has made the world’s most beloved chocolates. With a rich heritage in chocolate making, recipes have been created to bring satisfaction to all. Recipe credit and for more ideas, visit http://www.americanheritagechocolate.com/home/recipes. To purchase yours today, call (518) 585-2821 or visit http://www.fortticonderoga.org/store/products/edibles.