Celebrating Scottish Military Heritage and Culture
June 17, 2017
Celebrate Scottish culture and military heritage at Fort Ticonderoga! Discover your own Scottish connection by visiting clan tents and vendors and enjoy the sounds of Scottish music performed throughout the day. Discover the stories of centuries of Scottish soldiers in the British Army through a military timeline and remember the incredible bravery and discipline of the Black Watch against insurmountable odds at the 1758 Battle of Carillon Ceremony. Experience all of this within the beautiful stone walls and vistas of Fort Ticonderoga!
The following lists will be updated throughout the spring as additional groups confirm.
Participating Clans 2017
- Clan Hamilton
- Clan MacLeod
Participating Organizations and Information Tents 2017
- St. Andrew's Society of the Adirondacks
- St. Andrew's Society of Schenectady
- Judith Sullivan, Kiltmaker
- Sullivan Hand-Weaving
- Plattsburgh Police Pipes and Drums
- Border Collie Demonstrations with Stephen Wetmore from Spring Valley Farm in Strafford, Vermont Itentative)