Fort Ticonderoga has a number of collaborative partnerships with colleges and universities.
- Champlain College students use Fort Ticonderoga as a case study for real-life experience in marketing, public relations, and graphic design.
- Middlebury College’s archaeology program visits Fort Ticonderoga as part of its course work.
- Norwich University’s Masters in Military History program utilizes the resources at Fort Ticonderoga.
- New York University students use Fort Ticonderoga as a case study for learning in a museum/historic site setting.
- Fort Ticonderoga works with the Heritage Interpretation program at Penn State University.
- Fort Ticonderoga's Education and Interpretation staff recently met with a Public History class at Siena College.
College Career and Intern Fairs
Fort Ticonderoga staff regularly participates at Career and Intern Fairs at:
- Castleton State College (Castleton, Vermont)
- Champlain College (Burlington, Vermont)
- Siena College (Loudonvile, New York)
- SUNY Plattsburgh (Plattsburgh, New York)
University Partnerships in the News
Recent university collaborations in the news include:
Fort Ticonderoga’s internship program is in its formative stage. Both graduate and undergraduate students interested in internship opportunities should contact
">Rich Strum, Director of Education. Internships are available in these areas:
- Museum Education
- Heritage Interpretation and Living History
- Marketing, Graphic Design, and Public Relations
- Curatorial and Archives
- Non-profit Business
Current Internship Postings:
Broadcast and Streaming Media
Education: Creating Common Core Curriculum