(Ticonderoga, NY) The Log House Restaurant at Fort Ticonderoga has, for the tenth year in a row, received a perfect score on their inspection carried out by the NY State Department of Health. Restaurant Manager, Mimi Treadway and her team were complimented by the inspector on the kitchen being ‘very clean and very well organized’. In addition to cleanliness, the inspector also checks that food is being stored at the correct temperatures for safety and that it is being prepared in a health-conscious way for diners. Ms. Treadway has been the managing the restaurant for the past ten years.
The Log House serves breakfast and lunch daily and often features homemade items such as pies and muffins. “With such a wide variety on the menu and such a small space to work in, we were very pleased with the way the inspection went”, said Treadway. Executive Director, Beth Hill adds “The staff at the Log House Restaurant is commended for their commitment to excellence, quality and service. The NY Health Department score of 100 for so many years is a great tribute to the staff’s tremendous work and dedication!”
More than 75,000 visitors annually from across the United States and far beyond appreciate the opportunity to enjoy the delicious food in a beautiful setting which overlooks Lake Champlain, Le Chute River and Mount Defiance. The Log House Restaurant is open from 9:30am to 5:00pm daily through October 20th. The public is invited to dine at the Log House, shop in the Museum Store as well as enjoy the many activities at Fort Ticonderoga.
The original Log House was built in 1920 and served as the admissions area and gift shop for Fort Ticonderoga until the 1950s when the restaurant was added. General Pershing visited in those early years and many generations of guests have passed through its doors.