Tag: 9th Regiment of Foot

Flags for the Forts

On November 30, 1776 Ebenezer Stevens, Major of the artillery stationed at Ticonderoga, prepared a return of “Ordnance and Ordnance Stores” wanted by the Northern department. Amongst his requests were two flags or “standards” for the twin citadels of Ticonderoga and Mount Independence. Stevens requested massive flags, easily seen at a distance, measuring 30 by […]