Engaging tour opportunities include behind-the-scene explorations, entertaining historic overviews, daily exhibition tours, and garden strolls. For those interested in immersing themselves in Ticonderoga’s 2000-acre historic site and its stunning scenic beauty, our narrated boat tours and the Mount Defiance experience, highlight Ticonderoga’s pristine landscape and epic history. From family tours to signature curated experiences, there’s something for everyone!
Tours are available Tuesday-Sunday May 7-October 30, 2022. These offerings are included in your general admission ticket and you do not need to make reservations to attend.
The 2022 Site Map & Daily Schedule is available here.
Key to the Continent Guided Tour
10:15am, 1:15pm, 3pm
Discover Ticonderoga’s incredible story and the great experiences we offer. Learn about the iconic French 7 Indian War and Revolutionary War battles and groundbreaking preservation efforts that allow Fort Ticonderoga to bring to life its heroic tales!
Fort Ticonderoga Guided Museum Tour
More than a century of collecting has allowed Fort Ticonderoga to acquire North America’s largest and most important collection of 18th-century military material culture. This guided tour will give you the scoop on the most significant, rare, and interesting pieces in our collection.
Family Guided Tour
10:40am, 1:40pm (June 29-August 23)
Discover all of the fun and educational activities we offer for families to do together, including engaging hands-on activities!
Breaking Ground Guided Tour of the Historic Gardens
From military garrison gardens to a secluded colonial revival commemorative spectacle of color and light, explore one of the oldest cultivated landscapes in America. Discover the layers of the horticultural history of the Ticonderoga peninsula.
Mount Defiance: Witness to History Guided Tour
Visit Mount Defiance to experience the commanding view over Ticonderoga and learn how this vantage point shaped our nation’s history.
- Location: 72 Defiance Street Ticonderoga, NY 12883.
- The gate to Mount Defiance is open Tuesday-Sunday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm May 7 through October 31, 2022.
- Gold coin given upon arrival to Fort Ticonderoga can be used for access or $10/car at the bottom of the mountain.
- Large busses and RVs not permitted.
Scenic Boat Tour
ADDITIONAL TICKET REQUIRED
During this 75-minute narrated Carillon tour, our friendly and experienced staff will guide you through centuries of Lake Champlain’s stirring maritime heritage. Panoramic mountain vistas will surround you and sonar readings present unforgettable images of shipwrecks.
- Additional ticket required, pre-registration suggested.
- A selection of beer, wine, soft drinks, and snacks are available for sale on board with credit card purchase!
- Tours begin at the Carillon boat dock — requires walking down stairs and up and into the boat.
- Schedule subject to change, some blackout dates apply including all Mondays.