We have volunteer opportunities to fit every interest and schedule! There are many ways you can help Fort Ticonderoga continue its mission of education and preservation. Volunteering at Fort Ticonderoga offers you the opportunity to become active in the community, meet fascinating people from around the world, and help keep Fort Ticonderoga a beautiful and exciting place to visit.
From planting flowers in the King’s Garden to transcribing original documents, there is a fun and rewarding experience waiting for you. Volunteer opportunities are available in both the Fort and the King’s Garden. Whether you can assist for an hour, a day, or on a regular basis, motivated individuals are needed for daily activities and special events such as reenactments, conferences, and festivals.
We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that are mutually beneficial to you and the museum. Listed below are potential volunteer positions:
- Administrative support – Mailings, filing, and general office work.
- Collections – Special projects led by the Curator.
- Corn maze – Assist with field trips (September – October).
- Education – Conference and symposium support.
- Events – Visitor services, hospitality, and more.
- Gardens – Plant, maintain, harvest, teach.
- Interpretation – Costumed historic education and support.
- Membership – Assist with promotion at events.
- Museum Store – Merchandising & display, hospitality.
Getting involved is fun and rewarding! To become a Fort Ticonderoga Volunteer, please contact Colleen Henty, Director of Development and Volunteer Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-585-2821.
Volunteers Count! Rewards Program
Fort Ticonderoga offers benefits depending on the number of hours a volunteer accumulates in appreciation for continued service:
- Bronze Level (1 – 10 hours of annual service) – Haversack Newsletter, Volunteer Reception, and special online discounts.
- Silver Level (11 – 30 hours of annual service) – Volunteers Count! entry pass for the current season, one complimentary guest pass.
- Gold Level (31 – 50 hours of annual service) – Complimentary Corporal Level membership.
- Platinum Level (51 – 99 hours of annual service) – Two complimentary Carillon boat cruise or special tour tickets, availability permitting.
- Diamond Level (100 hours and up) – Special complimentary lunch with a member of our senior staff or our President & CEO.