All Posts

Fort Fever Program to Focus on Lake Champlain Naval History

Illustration of ship with sailsFort Ticonderoga’s “Fort Fever Series” begins on Sunday, January 7, at 2:00 p.m. with “Vigilance and Discipline to be Observed through all the Vessels” presented by Nicholas Spadone, Director of Interpretation. Tickets are $12 per person and can be purchased at the door; Fort Ticonderoga Members are admitted free of cost. The program will take place in the Mars Education Center.

Fort Ticonderoga’s military history in the American Revolution extends well beyond just the land. Strategy and tactics were developed to command Lake Champlain and Lake George. British Royal Navy vessels on Lake Champlain demonstrate the strength and extent needed to attack American-held Ticonderoga as well as supply and defend Ticonderoga during British occupation. Learn about the design, construction, and legacy of the British Royal Navy vessels on Lake Champlain between 1775 and 1781 during this Fort Fever program.

Additional “Fort Fever Series” programs are scheduled February 11, March 11 and April 15. The “Fort Fever Series” is just one of several programs taking place during Winter Quarters at Fort Ticonderoga November through April. Clothing and Accoutrement Workshops are offered January 27-28, March 10-11, and April 14-15. Fort Ticonderoga presents living history events on January 13 (Preparing for the Coming Campaign), February 17 (1775 British Garrison at Ticonderoga), and March 24 (Ordered to Join the Northern Army in Canada). The Seventh Annual Garden & Landscape Symposium will be held on April 7. You can learn more about all of these programs by visiting Some programs require advance registration.

America’s Fort is a registered trademark of the Fort Ticonderoga Association.

Photo: A detail from A View of the Old French fort, redoubts and batteries at Ticonderoga on Lake Champlain and His Majesty’s ship inflexible also the Piers constructed with the Trunks of Large Tress by the American Army for the conveyance of their Troops to Mount Independence taken on the spot by H. Rudyard Lieut Corps of Royal Engineers in the year 1777. Collection of the Fort Ticonderoga Museum.