Participate in engaging hands-on programs such as “Artificer’s Apprentice” which explores trades such as tailoring, carpentry, and shoemaking. During the “Maritime Artificer’s Apprentice” program discover the trades of carpentry, sail-making, and rigging.
The Artificer’s Apprentice
- In-depth active study in trades such as tailoring, carpentry, and shoemaking.
- Rotations through four stations, learn about the local and global economy that supplied the leather, cloth, and other materials utilized by artificers.
Available by pre-registration March-April and November-December 2023.
The Maritime Artificer’s Apprentice
- Exploration of the maritime trades of carpentry, sail-making, and rigging.
- Rotations through three stations, learn how these trades built the boats that drove local and global economies.
Available by pre-registration Weekdays May 9 – October 29, 2023.
C3 Framework Key Ideas
- D2.Eco.3.3-5. Identify examples of the variety of resources (human capital, physical capital, and natural resources) that are used to produce goods and services.
- D2.Eco.4.3-5. Explain why individuals and businesses specialize and trade.
- D2.His.2.3-5. Compare life in specific historical time periods to life today.
Next Generation Science Standards
- 3-5-ETS1-1 Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
- 3-5-ETS1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
*Please note that these programs are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis and some blackout dates apply.